Our client is a high end menswear brand and they are looking for a senior fashion designer to join the design team (Team of 5). This is a newly created position due to business expansion and this person will be reporting to the Head of design.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conceptualize and design complete seasonal menswear collections including sketches, fabric selections, prints, patterns etc.
- Work with the brand’s values and customer personas to create on-trend, commercially successful designs.
- Lead the creative process from initial concept development through to technical specifications.
- Ensure designs are well-researched, innovative and on-brand for target market.
- Work collaboratively with pattern makers to produce technical specifications and samples.
- Manage internal and external presentations to convey design concepts.
- Oversee sample production and fit sessions to ensure quality.
- Collaborate with merchandising and sales teams on forecasting, product range and pricing.
- Mentor and manage junior designers, interns or assistants on the team.
- Keep up to date with global fashion trends and menswear innovations.
- Travel to key fashion trade shows and meetings as required.
- Degree in Fashion Design or related field
- Minimum 5 years experience in a menswear design role
- Expert technical skills including sketching, Adobe programs and 3D design software
- Exceptional creative direction and concept development abilities
- Strong understanding of fabric and material qualities
- Proven track record of designing commercially successful collections
- Experience managing junior team members
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Passion for menswear fashion and trend forecasting
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Interested candidates, please send your CV through Apply Now or to the email address shown in the company overview. For more suitable opportunities in your specialised industry, please visit our website at www.lauriswalton.com.