Our client is a European company and they are looking for a quality manager to join their team. This person will be an individual contributor, reporting to the Senior quality manager. Categories include mainly toys but may also involve other hardgoods.
Product Quality & Compliance:
- Working with the Sourcing, Packaging and Sustainability team coordinating all quality aspects on projects for new range developments.
- Ensuring all product compliance is maintained, technical files are updated in a timely manner to enable products to be placed on the market, that are safe, of good quality and fit for purpose.
- Maintaining Quality Management Plans for all new and existing ranges, coordinating with Suppliers, implementing when required quality audits, whilst ensuring product testing and product inspections are booked and carried out within the critical path timelines.
- Ensuring the quality of production consistently meets company safety and quality requirements, coordination with our 3rd party inspection company to ensure inspections are booked and no delays to program launches occur due to Compliance, safety, or quality issues.
- Ensuring all flag bearer sustainable ranges developed are tested and fully compliant with a third-party accreditation body.
- Assisting in identifying Compliance, safety, quality and labelling requirements for new and existing product ranges, coordinate the recording of this information in the Generic Global Protocols and updating our inspection checklists.
- Reviewing all third service providers’s reports and communicate to service provider(s) for any query (on-line, IQC, life test, lab testing, inspections, and audits).
- Assisting in providing Quality/Technical support to Sales and Program Management; defining Quality guidelines on new ranges prior to being launched.
- Helping to investigate product issues and work with Quality Manager and suppliers to identify root causes and to take appropriate actions.
- Helping build a strong relationship with our external service providers, licensor technical team and internal global clients to ensure timely and accurate technical support and communication of requirements.
- Supporting Sales team by providing technical information of product performance analysis and doing Competitor Product Benchmarking.
- Managing the cost of Quality department effectively, ensuring that all providers deliver the maximum value for money in terms of technical support and service lead-time. Keep records of all Quality Management costs for periodic analysis.
- Reviewing brand-partner and client quality requirements to ensure they are understood by all parties and incorporated into Quality Management plans as required.
- Striving to help establish efficiencies in the ways of working within the Quality department by standardization of documentation and processes where possible.
- Supporting limiting the number of quality complaints from local office/markets and communicating the information back into the system to ensure corrective actions are completed and validated.
Production Quality & Compliance:
- Develop and evaluate new factory for business needs and continuously manage supplier to ensure our requirements are met, documented, and maintained through the on-site audit.
- Identity the problem during the products development and manufacturing process and propose corrective action.
- Provide quality engineering support in process improvements and daily issues for plastic injection/compression molding lines.
- Work with factory to improve injection finishing defects.
- Monitor the suppliers’ quality performance at any stage of the manufacturing process (Pre, During and Post-production).
- Study and analyse technical file, drawing and specifications to understand the Quality requirements of the products.
- Check functionality and compare the final product to the specifications.
- Inspect the products at any stage of the manufacturing process (Pre, During and Post-production).
- Reject all products and materials that fail to meet quality expectations.
- Recommend improvements to the production process to ensure quality controls are relevant and efficient.
- Document inspection outcomes by completing detailed reports and performance records.
- Resolve quality-related issues in a timely manner.
Interested candidates, please send your CV through Apply Now or to the email address shown in the company overview. For more suitable opportunities in your specialised industry, please visit our website at www.lauriswalton.com.